Please Participate in This Year’s “Great Oregon Shakeout” Emergency Drill
Thursday, October 15, 2020 at Exactly 10:15 a.m.
Millions of people worldwide will practice how to Drop, Cover, and Hold On at 10:15 a.m. on 10/15/20—just as they would if hit by a monster earthquake.
As extra incentive, you can win a 3.5 gallon stackable water storage container by taking part. Your neighborhood Emergency Preparedness captains have delivered household instructions, including a HELP/OK sign with a double raffle ticket attached. Fill out your name and phone number, keep the other side of the ticket and on SHAKE OUT DAY place the HELP/OK sign on your garage door with the ticket attached.
How do YOU participate?
Double check your own emergency supplies of water, food, and other essentials. Then on Thursday, October 15, set your alarm for 10:15AM and when it goes off:
DROP – TO YOUR HANDS AND KNEES, PREFERABLY UNDER SOMETHING STURDY
COVER – THE BACK OF YOUR HEAD & NECK WITH ONE ARM
HOLD ON – IN CASE THE THING YOU ARE UNDER MOVES
WHAT TO DO NEXT
1. Check on everyone in your home, are they OK?
2. Protect your head, feet & hands from broken glass & fallen debris. Time to check on where your hard hat, work gloves and sturdy shoes are stored!
3. Make sure you know where your gas meter is and how to turn it off, if necessary.
4. Make sure you know where the main water shut off to your home is located and how to turn it off.
5. Place your HELP/OK sign outside with raffle ticket where it can be seen from the street.
6. Put your fire extinguisher at the end of your driveway.
7. Then shelter in place.
Your Emergency Preparedness Team will come by to see if you participated in the drill by placing your HELP/OK sign. They will collect your raffle ticket from the sign and enter it in the raffle for the Waterbrick prizes.
GET READY TO PARTICIPATE NEXT Thursday
10/15/20 at 10:15 a.m.