November 13th at 10:00 am Board Meeting Agenda

2019 November CHOA Monthly Meeting

Wednesday – 11/13/19 10:00 AM

 

10:00AM – Welcome and Call to Order

  • Note for guest: Please remember this is a board meeting, guest are not to interrupt unless asked to speak by the chairman. If you do have a concern, it is best to put your concern in writing prior to the board meeting so that the board will have time to thoughtfully consider your concern. – Thank You

**Minutes from October Meeting Approval –ALL

**Treasurer’s Report –Sandie Maki

 

10:15 AM Open Forum

  • Questions from Resident Attendees – 2 minutes top per person
  • Questions from “Ask the Board”

 

Old Business

  • Additions to Rec Hall agreement- All – Was sent to everyone for review by email on 10/14
  • Chimneys and Brick Walls– Report from Steve/Ron – Letter sent??
  • Report on efforts to address street safety –Jan

10:30 am – New Business

  • Other items from the Floor– All
  • October Shakeout – Eric Report – 10 minutes
  • 2020 Budget planning – Sandi
  • Pool A & B –Color Report?
  • ACHPayment for Dues – Email was sent out on 11/5 – All
  • Range use of Pool – Need to vote on this – Sandie

 

To keep for further discussion

  • Process for informing for next painting – paint chips available, etc.
    • Send out information 1 year in advance
    • Have Database and Chips on the Rec Hall bulletin board
    • Ann to send a note to new owners about paint color change
  • Reserve Study Painting Account/New software options? Report from Reserve study Committee- Doug and Packard – Will be given in December
  • Finishing of Rec Hall Bathroom –review bids, select committee to manage this- – Committee Report – Roger McGarrigle – Possible Bid Solicitation consideration – Feedback needs to be given to Roger for vote in January

 

 

*Executive Session (as needed) –* Need to vote to move to executive meeting

Sometime in the next couple of days: Check your front door for important information about October 17th Shakeout

Sometime in the next couple of days: Check your front door to find a Green sheet (see attached)

On the sheet you will find instructions for what to do during the Great ShakeOut Earthquake Drill on October 17th at 10:17 AM

Don’t forget to put your name and Phone# on one half of  the raffle ticket.   On October 17th the Emergency Preparedness Team will collect the Raffle ticket as proof of your participation.

Keep the matching other half of the ticket for a chance to win a First Aid kit

 

October 9th at 6:00 pm Board Meeting Agenda

2019 October CHOA Monthly Meeting

Wednesday – 10/9/2019 – 6:00 pm

6:00 PM – Welcome and Call to Order

  • Note for guest: Please remember this is a board meeting, guest are not to interrupt unless asked to speak by the chairman. If you do have a concern, it is best to put your concern in writing prior to the board meeting so that the board will have time to thoughtfully consider your concern. – Thank You

**Minutes from September Meeting Approval –ALL

**Treasurer’s Report –Sandie Maki

 

6:15 PM – Special Guest from Wilsonville – Patty Nelson

  • Speed of cars on Fairway/Boones Bend-review of feedback to Slow Down signs
    • What can we do about Speed and Parking problems?
    • See Michael Carr’s answers to some questions below in Green – see attached 

Old Business

  • Additions to Rec Hall agreement- Doug and Randy
  • Neighborhood Watch – Report from September 21st Meeting –Jan (with handouts)
  • Finishing of Rec Hall Bathroom –review bids, select committee to manage this- – Committee Report – Roger McGarrigle – Possible Bid Solicitation consideration
  • Chimneys and Brick Walls– Report from Steve/Ron

7:00 PM – New Business

  • Other items from the Floor– All
  • Emergency Preparedness – Eric Report – 10 minutes
  • 2020 Budget planning – Sandi

7:30 PM – Open Forum

  • Questions from Resident Attendees
  • Questions from “Ask the Board”

 

To keep for further discussion

  • Process for informing for next painting – paint chips available, etc.
    • Send out information 1 year in advance
    • Have Database and Chips on the Rec Hall bulletin board
    • Ann to send a note to new owners about paint color change
  • Reserve Study Painting Account/New software options? Report from Reserve study Committee- Doug and Packard

 

*Executive Session (as needed) –* Need to vote to move to executive meeting

Auroa Airport Master Plan

If so inclined would you consider cutting and pasting the letter below to your e-mail and send it to the address at the bottom? We would so appreciate it.  I know we all have lives and commitments. So please just consider it.  By Oct 4th, all written comments must be at the Oregon Aviation Board and their final decision to forward their recommendation will be decided on Oct 31st in Sun River.  I know Greg Leo and I will be there. You may think, as I do, that this cynically short time period is intentional to reduce our opportunity for public comment. Let’s prove them wrong. I’ve also attached a wonderful letter from Friends of French Prairie written by Ben Williams.  I personally know everything in his letter is factual. You may find the OABs actions infuriating and biased. So do I.  The OAB is full of contradictions, sleight -of-hand, back room meetings with airport business owners, and they’re looking at a non “master plan” that violates at least six of Oregon’s Land Use Plan rules. Please read Ben’s letter and feel free to use any part of it (or all of it) for your letter.  If you would rather write your own, great.  You may use the following if you like:   Email address: aurora@aviation.state.or.us

 

 

Oregon Aviation Board

3040 25th St SE

Salem, Oregon 97302

 

ATTN: Aurora Master Plan 09/27/2019

 

I’m writing in total opposition to what is called the “Aurora State Airport Master Plan”.  The plan is required to address all of Oregon’s Land Use Plan.  It does not address Goal 1 Civic Participation, Goal 3 Protection of EFU land (Exclusive Farm Use), Goal 6 Pollution.  The Arora airport is the third largest polluter of all thirty state airport. This truly effects or health and safety. Goal 11 Public Services. It’s sewer and water are not connected to a utility district! Goal 12 Transportation. The plan has no consideration for surface road congestion. As if it isn’t bad enough. The plan is also required to counsel with state agencies.  I’m surprised they missed the Department of Agriculture,  The Department of Transportation, The DEQ? Really?  We also understand there are now real airport usage numbers.  So what’s wrong with getting the process right and using real numbers?  Following the rules like everyone else? Letting us in on the decision making process?  Do the master plan correctly.  Don’t hurt our quality of life, our health and our safety so that a handful of business owners can make a little more money.

 

Your Name

City

 

CHOA to participate in the Great Shakeout Drill Thursday October 17th

On Thursday, 10/17, at 10:17AM, CHOA and all of Charbonneau will be participating in the Great Oregon ShakeOut drill!  Why is it important to do a Drop, Cover, and Hold On drill? The Oregon Office of Emergency Management reminds us: “To react quickly you must practice often. You may only have seconds to protect yourself in an earthquake, before strong shaking knocks you down–or drops something on you. Practicing helps you be ready to respond.

Homeowner Associations participating in the drill will hand out free raffle tickets to residents taking part! Each HOA will have prizes to award!   REMEMBER: In any disaster, your most immediate source of help are the people living around you!   Additional information is available in the clubhouse.

Your CHOA Emergency Preparedness Team will be bringing around materials for our participation and we hope EVERYONE will be involved!

 

 

September 21st 10:00 am Neighborhood watch training

Officer Sara McClurg will present information and training on how to set up a Neighborhood watch with your closest neighbors (ideally 5 residents)

When: Saturday September 21st at 10:00 am – 11:30 am

Where: Rec Hall C on Lafaeyette

Please talk with your neighbors and plan to attend as a group.

We will need to confirm who will be attending so that Sara can bring the right amount of training materials.

Please let us know in the comments if you plan to attend

I sent email reminders to all of those who committed to come.  There is room for more

 

This will be a 90 minute presentation where you will learn how to set up a phone tree and email group to notify your neighbors of any suspicious activities.  This is a good way to get to know your neighbors better.

 

 

Information from the September 11th Board meeting

Request that the pools remain open longer

  • Based on the weather on Monday 9/16 all pools except A pool (Boones Bend Pool) will close.
    • This decision was based on the fact that cooler temperatures during the evening hours increase the cost of heating the pools for day time use
      • Note: Pool A is located off of Boones Bend on Boones Bend RD/Street/cul-de-sac
    • Pool A (on Boones Bend Rd)was chosen to stay open until 9/27 because it has a hot tub and the most parking available

Winter use of the Springridge pool is available to all Charbonneau residents:

      • Adult  Open Swim 6:00 am to 7:00 am
      • Water Aerobics Class information Contact Helen Heestand for class information at 503-694-2192
        • Note: Robin Shultz called and Helen Heestand states that the pool will be closed starting September 23 for several weeks due to a new roof being put on

Update on safety efforts to address speed on our roads

  •  At the October Board Meeting (10/9 at 6:00 pm)  we have a representative from the City of Wilsonville who is attending our board meeting to discuss what can be done
  • We encourage residents to attend so that the City can see that this is an important safety issue for our community
  •  We will have more documented information at that time from the city on the traffic and speed on the two main streets in CHOA

September 11 at 10:00 am Board Meeting Agenda

2019 September CHOA Monthly Meeting

Wednesday – 9/11/2019 – 10:00 am 

 

10:00 AM – Welcome and Call to Order

  • Note for guest: Please remember this is a board meeting, guest are not to interrupt unless asked to speak by the chairman. If you do have a concern, it is best to put your concern in writing prior to the board meeting so that the board will have time to thoughtfully consider your concern. – Thank You

**Minutes from August Meeting Approval –ALL

**Treasurer’s Report: Water Bill update –Sandie Maki

 

10:15 AM – Old Business

  • Speed of cars on Fairway/Boones Bend-review of feedback to Slow Down signs/ plan for City of Wilsonville visitor at our October meeting- All
    • Lots of response to the Post – from wanting to reduce speed, to ordering more signs (see new business), to speed bumps
  • Parking on Fairway update- plan questions for City of Wilsonville visitor– All
  • Additions to Rec Hall agreement- Doug and Randy
  • Neighborhood Watch – Training to be held September 21st
  • Finishing of Rec Hall Bathroom –review bids, select committee to manage this- New bid – Consider a Committee to decide?

11:00 AM – New Business

  • Feeding of wildlife-feedback on Post- Jan
  • Other items from the Floor– All
  • Chimneys and Brick Walls– Steve/Ron
  • Request to keep the Pool open past the 16th– Steve/Jan
  • Request for more signs-Missing Signs – Down to 1 on Fairway and 3 on Boones Bend
  • 2020 Budget planning – Sandi
  • Disaster Preparedness information – October 17th – Great American Shakeout

11:30 AM – Open Forum

  • Questions from Resident Attendees
  • Questions from “Ask the Board”

To keep for further discussion

  • Process for informing for next painting – paint chips available, etc.
    • Send out information 1 year in advance
    • Have Database and Chips on the Rec Hall bulletin board
    • Ann to send a note to new owners about paint color change
  • Reserve Study Painting Account/New software options? Report from Reserve study Committee- Doug and Packard

Slow Down signs on Boones Bend and Fairway Dr

Slow Down Signs for two of our busiest streets.

In CHOA we have two roads that are used more frequently than other roads; Fairway Dr and Boones Bend.  These roads are used by residents, contractors and guests.  In addition to vehicle traffic, most of our roads are used by residents as walking and biking paths. 

For some time CHOA has been concerned with the legal speed of 25 mph.   25mph is too fast when cars are parked illegally, contractors are parked while unloading, and there are walkers or bikers too.

In July CHOA did a speed study on Fairway Dr. The result, almost all drivers were traveling at 25 mph or lower.

 We are asking CHOA residents to drive at a speed closer to 15-20 mph.  We ask walkers and bikers to take responsibility for their own safety by staying close to the side of the street.

We are working with the city to monitor the speed and possible solutions to protect the safety of all of our residents.

August 14th CHOA Board Meeting Agenda

Here is the agenda for the CHOA Monthly Board meeting for Wednesday, August 14th at 10:00 am in Rec Hall C:

 10:00 AM – Welcome and Call to Order

  • Note for guests: Please remember this is a board meeting, guests are not to interrupt unless asked to speak by the chairman. If you do have a concern, it is best to put your concern in writing prior to the board meeting so that the board will have time to thoughtfully consider your concern. – Thank You

**Minutes from July Meeting Approval –ALL

**Treasurer’s Report:  –Sandie Maki

10:15 AM – Old Business

  • Speed of cars on Fairway -update on speed check equipment- Robin report
  • Parking on Fairway update –Robin report
  • Reserve Study Painting Account/New software options? Report from Reserve study Committee- Doug and Packard-
  • Additions to Rec Hall agreement- Doug and Randy
  • Neighborhood Watch – Training to be held September 21st
  • Guest Parking – Randy

10:45 AM – New Business

  • Painting Trust – All – Be sure to look at “A” neighborhood house paint as you walk or drive around CHOA, you can see that area on the Map on the website
  • Golf course bathrooms – Karen to check with Garrons to see if they pay for their use
  • Finishing of Rec Hall Bathroom – Steve to provide update
  • Window that was part of Bathroom solution? –Steve to provide update
  • Feeding of wildlife- Changes needed to Bylaws? All
  • CCC looking for 3 new Board members- Anyone interested? All

11:30 AM – Open Forum

  • Questions from Resident Attendees
  • Questions from “Ask the Board”

To keep for further discussion

  • Process for informing for next painting – paint chips available, etc.
    • Send out information 1 year in advance
    • Have Database and Chips on the Rec Hall bulletin board
    • Ann to send a note to new owners about paint color change

*Executive Session (as needed) –* Need to vote to move to executive meeting

** No need to approve by vote monthly minutes or treasurers report