Please see the notice below from CHARBONNEAU COUNTRY CLUB:
NOTICE OF SPECIAL MEETING OF THE ASSOCIATION- JANUARY 28, 2020 at 6:30 pm
CHARBONNEAU CLUBHOUSE DINING ROOM
SUPPLEMENTAL MEETING NOTICE- DATED JANUARY 15, 2020
THIS NOTICE SUPPLEMENTS THE ONE COPIED BELOW SENT TO THE MEMBERSHIP DATED DECEMBER 19, 2020 BY ADDING TO THE SPECIAL MEETING AGENDA
- A DISCUSSION OF BOARD RESOLUTIONS THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS PROPOSES TO ADOPT IN RESPONSE TO THE PETITION’S FOUR DEMANDS; AND
- A VOTE BY THE MEMBERSHIP REGARDING MEMBER SUPPORT OF, OR OPPOSITION TO, THE BOARD’S ACTIONS AND PROPOSED RESOLUTIONS REGARDING THE ANNEX AND THE GOLF CLUB.
Dear Fellow Residents:
On November 22, 2019, a petition signed by residents representing less than 100 Charbonneau voting members was delivered anonymously to the Charbonneau Country Club (CCC) Oﬃces and also mailed to the CCC President. A full copy of the petition has been posted to the CCC website. The Board believes the petition contains some factual errors and that the demands in the petition for membership votes at the meeting to override the Board create procedural issues, which the Board will address at the meeting.
- The petition requests the Board call a special meeting of residents to make changes by acquiescing to the petitioners’ four stated demands.
- The petition was delivered without identifying a contact person for whoever authored the petition; so the Board has no petitioner spokesperson with whom we can coordinate.
In keeping with our governing documents, the Oregon Planned Community Act, and the advice of the association’s legal counsel, we have scheduled a Special Meeting to address the petition’s four purposes for calling a Special Meeting, summarized as follows:
- A demand that the Board provide transparency on feasibility studies, financial impacts, market analysis and contracts, specifically regarding the golf course transaction under negotiation and the Annex development and financing under consideration.
- A demand that the Board agree to a membership vote of all members prior to Board action requiring financial commitment exceeding $1,000,000
- A demand that the Board agree to create a committee and facilitate accomplishment of amendments and/or completely redraft the CC&R’s along with complimentary and corollary amendments to the bylaws, and rules and regulations.
- A demand that the Board stop annual increases to HOA dues above the Consumer Price Index without a vote of the members.
This special meeting is scheduled for January 28, 2020 at 6:30PM in our CCC Dining Room.
Charbonneau Country Club Board of Directors