Please note that CHOA is participating in the Charbonneau Great Shakeout Earthquake drill on Thursday, October 18th at 10:18 am.
This is part of a worldwide event. Millions of people worldwide will practice how to Drop, Cover and Hold On during Great ShakeOut Earthquake Drills! The CCC Emergency Preparedness Committee is asking everyone in Charbonneau to participate.
How do YOU participate? On Thursday, October 18, set your alarm for 10:18AM and when it goes off:
DROP – TO YOUR HANDS AND KNEES, PREFERABLY UNDER SOMETHING STURDY
COVER – THE BACK OF YOUR HEAD & NECK WITH ONE ARM
HOLD ON – IN CASE THE THING YOU ARE UNDER MOVES
WHAT TO DO NEXT?
- Check on everyone in your home, are they OK?
- Protect your head, feet & hands from broken glass & fallen debris. Time to get on your hard hat, work gloves and sturdy shoes!
- Check on your gas meter; make sure you know where it is and how to turn it off if necessary.
- Make sure you know where the main water shut off to your home is located and how to turn it off.
- Place your HELP/OK sign on your garage door
- Put your fire extinguisher at the end of your driveway.
Second, Our Community
- Once your own home seems safe, go to Rec Hall C for your team meeting.
- On your way, survey your neighborhood for serious damage, especially HELP signs.
- At Rec Hall C, report in and the team leader, Mike Tewell this time, will report to CCC headquarters using our two-way radio system.
- Fill out your own raffle tickets.
- On your way home, recheck your neighborhood for HELP/OK signs
- Residents in your neighborhood who participated will call you or email.
- Communicate your list of participants to Mike by 12:00 noon.
- Mike will turn in CCC raffle tickets to the Country Club by 3:00 p.m.
CHOA Emergency Preparedness Team
Team Leader: Eric Hoem, 503-694-6036 (h), 503-341-3996 (c), firstname.lastname@example.org
|C||Bob Miller |